All Things Parks & Recreation in Independence!!!
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Independence area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
PLEASE READ... For UP-TO-DATE information regarding the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, our facilities & buildings, programs, leagues, special events & classes we offer, please contact our office at 319-334-6711 or LIKE Us on Facebook. The Independence Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to add, modify, postpone, or cancel programs, leagues, classes, special events, and facilities operation we offer due to weather conditions, equipment malfunction, lack of enrollment, and/or other circumstances.
As of August 26th, the Independence Aquatic Center is CLOSED for the 2019 Season!!
Thank you to everyone who helped make the 2019 Swimming Season successful!! We enjoyed seeing the regular patrons as well as new faces from other communities & states!!!
We hope to see you again next summer!!
Falcon Civic Center HOURS
June 1st- August 31st
Monday- Thursday 5am- 7pm
Friday 5am- 6pm
Saturday 12pm- 4pm
July 17th- Labor Day
Friday- Wednesday CLOSED
Please call 319-332-1525 for information on memberships, classes and clinics offered, rental availability, and/or to reserve cages including HitTRAX.
Aquatic Center HOURS
Monday- Friday 12-8pm
Season runs May 25th- August 25th. We will have modified hours August 19th- 25th due our Aquatic Staff's involvement in school activities and returning to college. August 19th- August 22nd 12-6pm & August 23rd 12-4pm, August 24th & 25th 12-6pm. Call 319-334-7464 w/ questions.
Financial Assistance Opportunities...
It is our GOAL to ensure that EVERY child who would like to participate in the Parks & Rec programs we offer has every OPPORTUNITY to do so. If you express a financial need and qualify under the State of Iowa Income Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Please complete and submit the Financial Assistance Form (available at the Falcon Civic Center) along with a copy of your previous year's income tax return to the IPRD Director for approval. Approval takes place Monday- Friday from 8am-3:30pm and will take at least 1 business day to process. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.
Independence Parks & Recreation- Advertising Opportunities...
- $300- Complex Advertisement (Wrap on a 4'x8' sign)
- $100- Complex Advertisement (RENEWAL)
- $150- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (2'x3')
- $75- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (RENEWAL)
- $75- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track
- $50- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track (RENEWAL)
- $50- IPRD Activities Brochure Advertisement (1/4" page) (850-1000 copies)
Form is available at the Falcon Civic Center we can email your request to email@example.com
Independence Parks & Rec ~ Want to Know ~
- Memberships to the Falcon Civic Center and River'sEDGE are available for purchase. Cost information is available by clicking on the column at the left of this page or feel free to call the Falcon Civic Center @ 319-334-6711 or River'sEDGE at 319-332-1525.
- AM Aerobics & Wednesday Wake-Up Workout: 5:45am- 6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center Gym/ Instructor: Janet Buls/ Cost: Wednesday Only is a $4 drop-in or M-W-F is $24 per month/ Mondays & Fridays will focus on flexibility & cardio. Wednesdays Wake-Up Workout will focus on strength & cardio/ Register at the Falcon Civic Center.
- Main's Peak Performance Tae Kwon Do is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes currently meet on Mondays & Thursdays from 4:45-6:00pm. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $5.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled. Reminder: ALL participants MUST sign in at the front desk at Rive'rsEDGE prior to each and every class attended. Thank you. TaeKwonDo will NOT meet during the month of July.
- The 2019 Indee Bark Park Tags are HERE (at the Falcon Civic Center)... $25 per dog with proof of vaccinations!! $3.00 day passes are also available.
- For up-to-date information concerning the facilities we run, the programs we offer and the classes we provide, please LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGES: https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec/ https://www.facebook.com/riversedgesportfitness/ https://www.facebook.com/independenceaquaticcenter