Independence Parks & Recreation Department
Well... H E L L O SUMMER!!! From YOUR Independence Parks & Rec Department!!!!!
On behalf of the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, I would like to apologize for not having this page updated, like we had wanted it to be. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to fill this page with all the updated information you need and want from your IPRD.
IPRD Summer Ball Leagues conclude their 2017 Season...
On behalf of the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, we would like to take this opportunity to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped make our 2017 Summer Ball Season one to remember!! Thank you to all of the participants, their families and friends who got them to practices and games, the volunteer coaches who gave so much of their time and talents to help teach the kids about softball/ baseball, the local business team sponsors who supported the more than 500 kids who played ball, as well as the IPRD Staff who supplied supervisors, the umpires and the field crew who mowed, drug and chalked fields, and worked in the concessions stand. Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!
GET INVOLVED OPPORTUNITIES!!!
Call your Independence Parks & Recreation Department TODAY at 319-334-6711 for all the details!!
River'sEDGE Sport & Fitness will CLOSE from July 16th- Labor Day. All Classes and rentals will still be held during this shut down.
Hello Summer @ Parks & Rec...
- For day to day updates on what is going on, coming up, being offered, etc... please like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec
- ROCFIT Kickboxing: As of July 10th, we have 4 weeks of this 6 week session left!! Cost for 4 weeks is $75 per person. Classes are held Monday- Thursday at 4:30am at River'sEDGE. ROCFIT is a program designed to train an individual of any age, male or female, regardless of athletic ability transforming them into a high level athlete. Tiffany Thoma is our coach and can be reached at 319-404-5453 to answer any questions, you may have.
- AEROBICS: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:45-6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center/ Instructor: Janet Buls/ Runs continually with daily drop-in on $3.00 or monthly $16.00/ Register at the Falcon Civic Center
- The 2nd Session of Pre-School Group Swim Lessons begins tonight (Monday, July 10th) at the Independence Aquatic Center. The Aquatic Center Hours for July 10th- 20th/ M-TH will be as follows:
Monday, 7/10: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Tuesday, 7/11: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Wednesday, 7/12: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Thursday, 7/13: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Monday, 7/17: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Tuesday, 7/18: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Wednesday, 7/19: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
Thursday, 7/20: 12noon- 5:55pm & 6:35pm- 8pm
- The Independence Aquatic Center is OPEN and we love it!!!! Our Normal Hours are Monday- Friday 12-8pm and Saturday and Sunday 12-6pm
- The Independence RV Campground is Open, call 319-440-0472 to reserve your spot!!
- Main's Peak Performance TaeKwonDo is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes meet on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:45-6:00pm and are open to children. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $4.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled. Classes will continue through River'sEDGE shut down July 16th- Labor Day.