Independence Parks & Rec. Dept.
Just Play. Enjoy the Game. Have Fun.
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Independence area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
Mon Feb. 5 - Thu May 31
Tue Apr. 17 - Fri May 25
Tue Apr. 17 - Thu May 31
REGISTRATION DEADLINE for IPRD Summer Ball Leagues was Saturday, April 21st!!
Financial Assistance Options Available...
It is our goal to ensure that EVERY child who would like to participate in the programs we offer has every opportunity to do so. If you express a financial need and qualify under the State of Iowa Income Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Please complete and submit the Financial Assistance Form (available at the Falcon Civic Center) along with a copy of your previous year's income tax return to the IPRD Director for approval. Approval takes place Monday- Friday from 8-3:30pm and will take at least 1 business day to process. Please plan accordingly.
Falcon Civic Center SPRING HOURS
(April 1st- May 31st, 2018)
Monday- Thursday 5:00am- 9:00pm
Friday 5:00am- 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am- 4:00pm
River'sEDGE Sport & Fitness HOURS
Monday- Friday 3:30- 9:00pm
Saturday 10:00am- 4:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm- 6:00pm
Click on NOTIFY ME on the www.independenceia.org Home Page and follow the steps to receive our Parks & Recreation REC Connect Monthly Newsletter sent directly to you.
HitTRAX is at River'sEDGE... Try it Out!!!
HitTrax is the world's only baseball/ softball simulator!!
Visit: www.hittraxbaseball.com Call Bob at 319-334-6711 for details.
Many of our River'sEDGE kids are ranked nationally (or have been) in both Exit Velocity and Distance click on the link below!
IPRD information below...
- Fitness Instructor, Janet Buls, will NOT run any fitness classes from March 19th- April 30th. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- ROCFIT: Current Session has 3 weeks remaining ($75). Classes are held Monday- Thursday at 4:30am or 5:30am at River'sEDGE. The original cost was $150 for 6 weeks and will decrease by $25 each week the class is offered. The Instructor for this class, would like to inform anyone interested that the class fees may be paid on a payment plan. ROCFIT is a program designed to train an individual of any age, male or female, regardless of athletic ability transforming them into a high level athlete. Tiffany is our coach and can be reached at 319-404-5453 to answer any questions you may have.
- Swimming Registration for the Independence Aquatic Center began on Monday, April 2nd at the Falcon Civic Center. At this time, we are currently accepting registrations for all of our Group Swim Lessons (Parent & Child- FULL (waiting list started), Pre-School (2 sessions offered), School Age (1 Session offered)-- Hurry Space is Limited and Classes will fill as the maximum is met in each level. You may also purchase you Season Pass to the Independence Aquatic Center at Early Buy Rates at the Falcon Civic Center.
- Independence Stingrays Swim Team MEETING was Friday, April 20th from 6-7:30pm at the Falcon Civic Center. If your child would like to participate in swim team, you may still register at the Falcon Civic Center. Parents' information and forms are available at the front desk and registration with payment is accepted at the Falcon Civic Center. Any questions about swim team may be directed to the Independence Stingrays Swim Team Coach, Melissa Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the NEW Independence Stingrays Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/independencestingrays/
- Main's Peak Performance Tae Kwon Do is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes meet on Mondays & Thursdays from 4:45-6:00pm. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $4.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled.
- For up-to-date information concerning the facilities we run, the programs we offer and the classes we provide, please LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGES: https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec/ https://www.facebook.com/riversedgesportfitness/ https://www.facebook.com/independenceaquaticcenter/