The Independence Parks & Recreation Department
Happy Fall Y'all!!!
Programs, Activities, Leagues, and Special Events... OH MY!!!
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Independence area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
Fri Sep. 1 - Tue Oct. 31
Mon Sep. 4 - Thu Sep. 28
Tue Sep. 5 - Sat Sep. 30
2018 River'sEDGE Tournament Team Rosters will be posted at River'sEDGE...
10U, 11U, & 12U Team Roster are NOW posted at River'sEDGE
Thank you in advance for your patience :)
Falcon Civic Center
(September 1st- October 31st)
Monday- Thursday 5:00am- 9:00pm
Friday 5:00am- 7:00pm
Saturday 12pm- 4:00pm
River'sEDGE Sport & Fitness
(September 5th- 30th)
Monday- Thursday 3:30-7:00pm
Friday- Sunday Closed
We are in NEED of FLAG FOOTBALL REFEREES... if you are interested or know someone who may be... please message us here. You can also call us @ 319-334-6711.
Our 3rd/4th & 5th/6th Grade Flag Football Games begin this Saturday (9/23) at 9am at the Independence Baseball/ Softball Complex. Games will be played every Saturday thru October 28th beginning at 9am.
Fall Craft & Vendor Show
Saturday, October 14th
Falcon Civic Center, 1305 5th Ave, NE, Independence, IA
FREE Admission!! Everyone is welcome!!
Limited Booth Space is Still Available~ Contact Angie @ 319-334-6711
- For day to day updates on what is going on, coming up, being offered, modified, etc... please like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec
- The IPRD Youth Flag Football Coaches' Meeting was held on Monday, 9/11 at River'sEDGE. Teams have been divided, Volunteer Coaches have been assigned teams, Shirts have been ordered and practices are beginning this week (9/11-9/17). Due to this, if your child would still like to register, there will be a $5 late fee charged per participant. Registration is accepted at the Falcon Civic Center. Coaches should contact all their players by Thursday, 9/14, if you have not been contacted by a coach by Thursday, please call the Falcon Civic Center @ 319-334-6711 and we will release the coaches contact information at that time. 1st & 2nd Grade Flag Football: League includes 5 games + team practices through the season as well as a team shirt/ Games will be played on Thursday evenings (9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26) at 6pm at the Independence Baseball/ Softball Complex/ Practices will be arranged by the volunteer coaches/ Cost w/ late fee: $30 per child, register at the Falcon Civic Center. 3rd & 4th Grade Flag Football: League includes 6 Saturdays of games (9/23- 10/28) played in the mornings beginning at 9am at the Independence Baseball/ Softball Complex as well as practices arranged by the volunteer coaches and a team shirt/ Cost w/ late fee: $42 per child, register at the Falcon Civic Center. 5th & 6th Grade Flag Football: League includes 6 Saturdays of games (9/23- 10/28) typically played in the mornings at the Independence Baseball/ Softball Complex as well as practices arranged by the volunteer coaches and a team shirt/ Cost with late fee: $42per child, register at the Falcon Civic Center.
- ROCFIT Kickboxing: FREE 4:30am Trial Classes will be offered on Tuesday, September 19th & Thursday, September 21st at River'sEDGE. Our next 6 week Session will begin on Monday, September 25th!!! Classes are held Monday- Thursday at 4:30am at River'sEDGE for 6 weeks total. ROCFIT is a program designed to train an individual of any age, male or female, regardless of athletic ability transforming them into a high level athlete. Tiffany Thoma is our coach and can be reached at 319-404-5453 to answer any questions you may have.
- AEROBICS: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:45-6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center/ Instructor: Janet Buls/ Runs continually with daily drop-in on $3.00 or monthly $16.00/ Register at the Falcon Civic Center/ Starting in October, classes will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 5:45am at the Falcon Civic Center Gym and the cost will be $24 per month.
- BOOT CAMP: Open to all fitness levels. Class meets on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30-6:45pm from October 3rd- 26th at the Falcon Civic Center Gym. Cost is $26 for the entire class or $4 drop-in. Instructor is Janet Buls. Register at the Falcon Civic Center.
- Our River'sEDGE Fall Softball Leagues will continue to play games on Sundays through the End of the Season Tournament on September 24th at the Independence Baseball/ Softball Complex.
- The Independence RV Campground is Open, call Bill @ 319-440-0472 to reserve your spot!!
- Main's Peak Performance TaeKwonDo is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes meet on Mondays & Thursdays thru the month of September from 4:45-6:00pm. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $4.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled.