Indee Bark Park
The Indee Bark Park is located at 1305 5th Avenue NE, Independence, IA (next to the Falcon Civic Center). Like Indee Bark Park on Facebook for up to date information, improvements and events.
The Indee Bark Park was established and opened on October 1st, 2017 by a group of dog lovers who wanted a place to exercise and socialize their dogs. The ground was donated and is maintained by the City of Independence and all of the expenses of building the dog park were donated funds by private citizens. Each year, the Indee Bark Park Committee adds new features to the dog park. Donations are appreciated. The committee has worked very hard to provide a safe space for our fur babies to play and socialize. The dogs aren't the only ones that the park provides socialization for as many people are make going to the park a daily or weekly event.
Around the 1st weekend in October, the annual Bark Park Expo is held at the park. The expo features a free admission day for your pup as well as dog related vendors, raffle items, and giveaways. Be sure to make it our tho this year's event!!
Indee Bark Park Committee Members Include: Diane Smith-Kurtz, John Kurtz, Deb Hanna, Sue Doan, Holly Cameron, & Carly Wayne
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Permits & Passes
Indee Bark Park Permits may be obtained at the Falcon Civic Center during normal business hours
Yearly Permits are $25 per dog/ Day Passes are $3 per dog
Owners without such permits or passes may be fined.
Proof of current vaccinations is also required when purchasing a yearly dog pass.
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by their owner immediately
- Owners must be within the dog park and supervising their dog with leash readily available
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should be under voice control
- Hours of the Indee Bark Park are sunrise to sundown
- No dogs in heat are allowed
- No sick dogs are allowed
- Absolutely no aggressive dogs are allowed
- No puppies under 4 months are allowed
- No human or dog food allowed except for small training treats
- No glass containers
- All dogs must visibly display permit (tag) or owner must be able to show proof of day pass
- Violation of these rules are grounds for eviction from the park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>